Friday 9 August 2013

Cover Correction (5)

Cover Correction is a semi-regular feature I do over on the blog to spotlight some recent (or maybe even old) cover changes to series. Some changes I hate and some changes I love, so I love to be able to talk about some of these!

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Code Name VerityCode Name Verity

THAT FANCY PRINTZ STICKER. But really, I think I still prefer the original. There was something striking about that one whereas the new one is a more calming, visually-pleasing look. I definitely like the new blend of colours and it's still a good cover, but I think that overall I'd choose the first.

Preferred: Original

***

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) Just One Day

I liked. the old cover. 3000x more. The new cover is so boring and done and just nothing fun. If anything was to be changed, I would throw in some travel and adventure! That was what drew me to the book in the first place (besides the Gayle Forman attachment obviously) and I think it would really cool to incorporate that somehow!

Preferred: Original

***

 Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver

Liesl & PoLiesl & Po 

This change makes a whole lot of sense to me considering it's a MG read. While I really loved the original cover, it was interesting to me that it stood so far apart from other novels in the genre. This new cover is a lot more what I was expecting. I like the brighter colour of the new cover and the fun, intriguing image. They're both really great covers! I'm personally going for the first because I think it's just really cool but I fault no one for preferring the new one!

Preferred: Original

Thoughts? Original, new, none at all? What would you change?

8 comments:

  1. Hmm these are quite difficult ones! For Code Name Verity I think I like the new one a little bit more - love the sky! But the original is very cool too. Just One Day - original is MUCH better. Very torn on Liesl & Po - I like the old book part of the original but then I like the colour and magic feel of the new one! I can't choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen that new Code Name Verity cover! I do like it, but I definitely think I prefer the original one too. There's just something a little more memorable and iconic about it. I'm not a huge fan of either of those Gayle Forman covers, I have to admit! Though I suppose when her name is on the front, it doesn't matter too much. ;) As for Liesl & Po, I much prefer the old cover. It has that old storybook look to it that I love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that, with Code Name Verity, it has the cover (particularly with the new one, but really in general) of a book that's going to be remembered for a long time. It's the cover of a classic, to me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually okay with all of these cover changes. I still prefer the originals better but the new ones are not terrible. I especially like the new Liesl and Po cover. It's so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never read any of these myself. I've been meaning to read Just One Day and Liesl and Po though. I've read other books by both authors and really liked them! I think Just One Day had a better cover the first time, but I don't think the second one is too bad. And I love both Liesl and Po covers! I'd want the first one on a hardback copy and the second on a paperback!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete