Thursday 7 April 2011

Booking Through Thursday (3)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...
So … the books that you own (however many there may be) … do you display them proudly right there in plain sight for all the world to see? (At least the world that comes into your living room.)
Or do you keep them tucked away in your office or bedroom or library or closet or someplace less “public?”
Well, to be honest, I don't own very many books (really, I don't!) but the ones that I do own are kept on the same shelf. It isn't because I'm trying to hide them, I'm actually very proud of all of my books, but they're in my closet.

I know it sounds weird! It is weird when you think about it. What kind of bibliophile leaves books in a dingy little closet? In my defense, I have a walk-in closet where in addition to a lot of clothing, I keep a desk and computer. Really, I don't even refer to it as a 'closet.' My sister and I have called it the 'little room' since we were both really young and I'll probably always call it that.

Plus, there's the fact that I'm a teenager living in my parents' house and they don't read the same books as I do (or possibly any at all). It wouldn't really make much sense for me to store my books in a place so accessible to everyone in my family if I was the only one reading them.

How about you? What do you do with YOUR books? Leave a comment and let me know - I'd love to hear from you!

Note: That isn't actually my closet...

4 comments:

  1. Well, my dear. I have books all over my house. Living room, various bookshelves, on the entertainment center, on shelves above the couches, in my room, in my bathroom and all over my car. I think it would be hard to find me without a book or my Nook.

    I didn't own very many books when I was young either. My parents were like, there is a library two blocks away go there. It was more like six but there isn't a better feeling then having your own favorite books to read whenever you want.

    Black Disaster Fairy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely have a tendency to leave books lying around. It's insane when I'm trying to round up books to take back to the library because I'm never 100% sure I got them all.

    Yeah, I know the feeling. To be honest, I do have a great library but it's like you said, nothing better than having copies of your favourite books at your disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    ReplyDelete