Thursday 28 April 2011

Booking Through Thursday (6)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...

If you could see one book turned into the perfect movie–one that would capture everything you love, the characters, the look, the feel, the story–what book would you choose?

Oh... movies. This is a hard subject for me. I'm really not much of a movie-watcher. I tend to stick with the ones I like unless something particularly interests me (like Prom - doesn't that look cute?) I mean, I think I've seen A Cinderella Story about seven thousand times - my sister, whom I force to watch with me every time even though she hates it - can attest to that. Yes, I torture my siblings. Don't pretend you don't. ANYWAYS.

I really think that Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead would make a fantastic movie. I love the entire series and I think they have a lot of potential to be translated well on the screen. There is great, funny dialogue, a lot of action and some steamy romance between Rose and Dimitri as well as Lissa and Christian (they're my favourite!) I believe that they're currently working on making it into a movie and I really hope that works out. As long as they don't completely butcher it... which is likely... I'll be pleased and I think it will be a great addition to YA-books-turned-movies.

Final Verdict: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead!

What about you? Do you think your favourite book would make a good movie? Let me know in the comment section - I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes Prom does look good - so cute.
    The VA series is a good choice but I've only read the first two so far.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the first two? There are good (and intense) things to come! I'm curious to see what you put :)

    ReplyDelete