Wednesday 24 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (19)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.

This week, I've chosen...
Fateful by Claudia Gray
(Goodreads profile)

Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: September 13, 2011

In Fateful, eighteen-year-old maid Tess Davies is determined to escape the wealthy, overbearing family she works for. Once the ship they’re sailing on reaches the United States, she’ll strike out on her own. Then she meets Alec, a handsome first-class passenger who captivates her instantly. But Alec has secrets....

Soon Tess will learn just how dark Alec’s past truly is. The danger they face is no ordinary enemy: werewolves are real and they’re stalking him—and now Tess, too. Her growing love for Alec will put Tess in mortal peril, and fate will do the same before their journey on the Titanic is over.

Featuring the opulent backdrop of the Titanic, Fateful’s publication is poised to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of the ship’s doomed maiden voyage. It is sure to be a hit among Titanic buffs and fans of paranormal romance alike.
This book has such an amazing concept - werewolves on the Titanic. I can't wait to read it! I read Claudia's book Evernight and wasn't overly impressed but that was yeeeeeaaaars ago and I want to give it another shot someday. Anyways, yes. Fateful.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. I read this one and thought it was really unique and well researched. I liked the main character. I hope you get to read it soon! The whole 'werewolves on the Titanic' premise made me want to read it too, it just sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THIS BOOK, SONIA. Can you make this book appear in my hands? Like, now? Titanic! Werewolves! How awesomely awesome is that combination? I haven't read the Evernight series yet, but Fateful sounds SO good!

    I wonder if Jack is on the ship... Leo in his Titanic days? *dreamy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't read anything by her yet, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reqading this right know and it's amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't too impressed with the author's Evernight series, but I'm looking forward to reading this one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, I'm having a giveaway if you want to check it out. You could win an ARC or some swag :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also was not impressed with the Evernight series, and actually stopped reading it. I am willing to give her another shot however, and try this one as it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of this one. And the cover. Great pick :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of want to read this...but also not, because I hated the film version of the Titanic...:P. But the werwolves and the fact it's by Claudia Gray are enough to intrigue me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy: Well that's good to hear! :) Hopefully I like it just as much.

    Brodie: No more than I can make Cricket love you more than me... sorry.

    Carrie: Hopefully you'll get a chance to read this one!

    Hayley: Awesome! :) Thanks for letting me know about your giveaway.

    Erin: If anything, this one sounds a lot more original than her other series :)

    Stephanie: I only read the first one, but like I said, that was years ago. Hopefully this is better!

    Hafsah: Thanks!

    Liz: The movie was (is) so overrated. No arguments there :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a great looking book, will add to my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey thanks for the awesome comment! Yeah the cover of But I Love Him, is sea glass too.

    Throughout the story it talks about how she runs on the beach, and started to collect it for a sculpture she was making for Conner.

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete