Sunday 26 August 2012

Blogspiration (8)


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.



 

To further cement it into our heads that they are in fact brilliant, Kristin and Sarah have thought up an awesome theme for the week. Welcome to my dinner party!

Source: Darling It's True
 
1. J.K. Rowling. Do I actually need to explain this one? OBVIOUSLY JKR is at the top of the guest list.
 
2. Leonardo Da Vinci. This guy was such a genius... it blows my mind when I think about all the areas that he excelled in. He could probably bring interesting points of view to any type of discussion and I would love love love to hear his thoughts on war and weaponry directly from him rather than just read all the speculation.
 
3. Mother Theresa. This is one of my automatic names when asked about people that inspire me (well, all of these people are, TBH). I just think she was an extraordinary woman and to eat a meal with her would be quite the honour.
 
4. Mahatma Gandhi. Um. Yeah. Also very up there on my list of most inspirational people. I think he would probably like sitting next to Mother Theresa!
 
5. Craig Kielburger. I have so much admiration for this man - he's the founder of Free the Children and Me to We and just such an inspiration. Plus, he's Canadian! I would love to talk about children's rights with this man. Of course, he's welcome to invite Mark along too!
 
6. David Suzuki. Another Canadian! I definitely needed to add an environmentalist to this table and David Suzuki was the obvious choice. He's seen and done so many cool things with our natural world and it would be really great to chat with him about some of it.
 
7. Buddha. Um, YES PLEASE. I want to sit next to the Enlightened One! Maybe he can share some of his wisdom with me :)
 
***
 
So there is my list! It's pretty intimidating to look at actually but I really like the final line-up (there was some serious consideration going on here, I actually asked around at the dinner table). I'm pretty sure that this group, left alone to talk for a while, could figure out the formula for world peace.
 
Now I'm SO curious to see who you would have at your dinner party... Any ideas?

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really great list! Can you imagine the conversation...the WISDOM that would be shared? Yeah, I am inviting myself to your dinner. Hope you don't mind :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OBVIOUSLY you were at the top of my list, Kristin :) It's an open invitation for bloggers!

      Delete
  2. OMG I completely forgot about DaVinci!! WOW. The guy was absolutely awesome! ;) And Buddha?! Yes, please ;) :) Awesome list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am FASCINATED by Da Vinci (if you couldn't tell, haha). Thanks, Nea! <3

      Delete
  3. OMG JK ROWLING!!! That would be the best dinner I have in my entire life >) Love your list, there's a diversity of cool and awesome people!

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ Book a World too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Heading over to check out your blog now! <3

      Delete
  4. OK, I'm inviting myself along, too.
    David Suzuki is AMAZING. I'd never heard of him before I went to Canada last year, and he was talking on TV at 11 at night. He's FASCINATING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you watching The Nature of Things? I LOVE that show, it's so cool.

      Also: why didn't you just stay in Canada forever? :/ Next time let me know so I can kidnap you and never let you leave! <333

      Delete
    2. I actually don't know >__<

      We were skiing in Whistler for a week, and channel surfing in a jetlagged, braindead daze. I seriously don't remember, but the guy is AMAZING O__O

      Delete
  5. Oooh, interesting list! I wonder what everyone would talk about? Probably awesome things. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete