Friday 11 November 2011

2012 Debut Author Challenge


Hey guys!

So I'll be participating in the 2012 Debut Author Challenge this year, hosted by the fabulous Kristi of The Story Siren. To read more and sign up, you can head over to this page. I wanted to do it this year but I just missed the deadline. Regardless of that though, I've read 20 debuts this year and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to read even more next year.

I'm setting the goal at 15 for now. I have a rough list of 15 that I'd really like to read, but nothing is set in stone or anything.

1) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
3) Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
5) Tempest by Julie Cross
6) Everneath by Brodi Ashton
7) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
8) Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
9) Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
10) Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
11) Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
12) Slide by Jill Hathaway
13) The Selection by Kiera Cass
14) Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm
15) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

We'll see which of those I actually read, but it's nice to have a list for reference now. I'm excited to be participating in the Debut Author Challenge!

-

Also, something completely off topic, but much more important: Happy Remembrance Day. My most sincere thanks to all of the soldiers out there.

I'll be MCing at my school assembly today, so wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. I LIKE YOUR LIST. I LIKE YOUR LIST A LOT. *lusts over books* I finished Cinder today and LOVED it, so excellent choice there :D Super excited to read all the others! Good luck in the debut challenge and I hope your school assembly goes well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your assembly Sonia, and great sentiment about rememberance day :)

    Hope you have fun participating in this challenge, and find some new authors you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled to find Where It Began on your list, which is full of books I can't wait to read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill: You're welcome! I can't wait to read Slide.

    Brodie: I LIKE YOU A LOT <3 Cinder sounds so awesome, I can't wait to read it. Thanks!

    The Book Girl: Thank you! :) It went well.

    Ann: Oh, you and me both. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia! Your list is AWESOME. Seriously, they all look amazing. And I finished The Catastrophic History not long ago, and loved it! Hope you like it :). Good luck with the challenge and your assembly too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinder is awesome! Can't wait to get my hand on Everneath and Under the Never Sky. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including Pretty Crooked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list - I still haven't made my post as I am trying to decide which books to put on. I want to read SO many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great list! And I'm a little late, but I hope your assembly went well. (:

    ReplyDelete