You can find the survey HERE!
1. Best Book You Read in 2011?
I am actually prepared for this question! It's being asked all over the place at this time of year and so I've already gone through the horrible process of picking JUST ONE.
I'm going to have to say...
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton! You have no idea how pumped I was to read this book... it seemed like almost everyone adored it and it really sounded like something I would like :(
3. Most Surprising (in a good way!) Book of 2011?
Probably The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I went back and forth with this book before reading it and I had no idea what really to expect. WOW though... I loved it!
4. Book You Recommended To People Most in 2011?
I was pretty adamant that my reader friends read Divergent by Veronica Roth. I even loaned out my signed copy!
5. Best Series You Discovered in 2011?
I think it was probably The Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS <3 If you haven't started the series yet, you are missing out!
6. Favourite New Authors You Discovered in 2011?
Oh so many... Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Laini Taylor, Lauren Oliver... I worship them.
7. Best Book That Was Out of Your Comfort Zone or Was a New Genre For You?
I think it was probably Bumped by Megan McCafferty! This was such a new thing for me but I'm really, really glad I gave it a shot.
Sidenote: I need to read more books that are out of my comfort zone!
8. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book in 2011?
I think it was probably Divergent by Veronica Roth... I wanted to take this book into the shower with me.
9. Book You Most Anticipated in 2011?
Clockwork Prince! I just got it but I haven't yet started reading. I'll probably save it for winter break.
10. Favourite Cover of a Book You Read in 2011?
11. Most Memorable Character in 2011?
Ooh, tough question! I think Cassel from the Curse Workers series by Holly Black is incredibly memorable. Also, Sam from Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall.
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2011?
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor OR Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I can't decide!
13. Book that had the Greatest Impact on you in 2011?
I think it was most likely Gayle Forman's novels - If I Stay and Where She Went. Beautiful and heartbreaking.
14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2011 to Finally Read?
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan or The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. WHY, SONIA?
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder:
"sometimes, love is loud.
sometimes, love is quiet.
Always, love is my mom."
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor:
"Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic."
Delirium by Lauren Oliver:
"Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you-sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever.”
+ probably many, many more that I can't find at the moment.
16. Book That You Read in 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Be Reread in 2012?
I would love to re-read Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins!
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.)
Either THAT MOMENT in The Demon's Lexicon or THE END of Delirium.
First one: ... what? o.O x5487598345 Then... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
Second one: NOOOOOOO!
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead! Why haven't I read it yet? :(
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
I'm... supposed to pick... one? Just ONE? *rocks back and forth*
Okay. I'm going to go with... Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I am also, btw, TERRIFIED to read this book but I have faith in Lauren Oliver who has basically blown my mind with every single book so far.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I want to read more! It's always tough to find the balance between reading and All That Other Stuff and next year will undoubtedly be even busier, but I'm determined to find some extra time.
I also hope to do some more blog exploring! I feel like I've seen one billionth of the blogosphere and I'd love to meet all the lovely people out there :) With that, I seriously need to up the number of comments I make.
Phew! That's it!
Just a sidenote: Sorry that the posts have been pretty sparse lately. This is probably the busiest time of year for me in terms of school and other stuff. Plus, there was my birthday! My friends made a glitter pinata and I know you have no idea what I mean by that BUT for anyone curious...
Basically a giant paper mache eyeball was made - painted and with all of the proper veins and everything. They filled the eyeball with TONS of glitter and smashed it over my head. So, the glitter all came raining down on me. This happened like 5 days ago and I am still finding stray pieces of glitter all over me, not to mention my things! So yeah :) It's been a crazy (but great) week.