Wednesday 28 December 2011

Top Ten Book Boyfriends in 2011

THIS LIST WAS TORTURE. I love so many of the fabulous boys in YA... how could I narrow it down to ten? Here I am though, presenting what is more or less my top ten selection. Alphabetical order this time!

Adam Wilde (If I Stay/Where She Went) - He's sweet, funny, confident, the lead singer and guitarist in a band and just my kind of guy all-around.

Akiva (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) - This boy is entrancing and sweet, sharp and stunning.

Alex Sheathes (Delirium) - And then there's... Alex. Alex who laughs, listens, cares and lights Lena's world up like a chain of Christmas lights.

Ash (The Iron Knight) - Distant and moody perhaps, but Ash is a wonderful catch with wits, strength and a heart.

Cricket Bell (Lola and the Boy Next Door) - He's brilliant, awkward, kind and thoughtful. He talks with his hands and has good fashion sense. He is TALL. I dare you to not fall for him!

Etienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss) - He was wonderful and I totally swooned every time his name appeared on the page. He's more than just a pretty face (although he has that going for him, too). He's sweet, funny and thoughtful... plus, he speaks French.

(I know! I couldn't resist having Stephanie Perkins' characters on here twice. Darn you, swoon-inducer!)

Four (Divergent) - When Tris needed a push in the right direction, Four was there. When she needed someone to let out her frustrations on, he was there.

Lend Pirello (Paranormalcy/Supernaturally) - Lend was a sweetheart... He was just what Evie needed: kind, supportive and comforting.

Noah Shaw (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) - Noah is supportive, caring and gorgeous. He's on Mara's side before he fully even understands why he needs to be and... he has a British accent.

Tucker Avery (Unearthly) - I fell in love with Tucker before I even knew what was happening. There is just something about that friendly cowboy that I find so endearing. I want more Tucker, please!

FYI: I was feeling pretty unoriginal so I decided to just steal a line or two about the guy from my original review - oh, except for Ash because apparently I didn't have much to say about him in my review of The Iron Knight.

Honourable Mentions:
Marcello (Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren)
Seth (Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr)
Derek (Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong)
Ky (Matched by Ally Condie)

***

My original list had 19 names so... yeah. This was a little tough for me to put together!

Do any of our book boyfriends match up? :)

10 comments:

  1. wow 19? that's a long list. and this is weird, but I swear I read Turkey instead of Tucker, so I was like "whaa?" hahaha

    great list.
    Check out mine at: Reading by Kindle Fire

    Ning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four! Yes yes yes. I love him so much. And St. Clair (can you believe I still haven't read Lola yet? I've literally had it for MONTHS). Tucker and Ash are pretty damn awesome too (kinda surprised Jem isn't on your list? Will would be on mine :P). Awesome list, Sonia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I did this list it would be pretty darn identical to yours. There are a couple here that I'm not familiar with because I haven't read those books yet, but most of them I completely agree with you on. Great (and swoon-worthy) list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The letter A makes for incredibly hot YA guys! Akiva, Alex and Ash - SWOON! I'm glad to see both of Stephanie's boys make your list - she knows how to write her men so adorably sigh-worthy! Totally agree with Four, Lend and Tuckerrrr!

    And for the mother of all sexy bad boys - NOAH SHAW *faints* Love your choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES YES YES!! OMG, I'm super duper swooning now! I absolutely love Etienne St. Clair! He's my ultimate Book Boyfriend. I can't possibly choose 10. I just love lots of characters from different books!

    The only book I haven't read from the list is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. OKay, if he has a British accent, then HE'S AWESOME!!!

    Awesome picks. Hope you've had an awesome year too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your list is in alphabetical order, but Adam Wilde should really be at the top of it anyway. I love that boy so much it hurts. Also Cricket, Etienne, and Seth. And I'm sure Four would be on my list if I ever actually read Divergent. (I know, I know.)

    Awesome list!
    Andie
    My Top Ten Boyfriends

    ReplyDelete