Tuesday 3 April 2012

Blogspiration (2)


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.





The topic for this week was:

"What is your favorite literary quote?" Think about that ONE quote that speaks to your soul? The one you've considered tattooing onto your body? or the one you've plastered all over the walls of your...um, heart?

***

My initial thought was: OH NO, HOW WILL I CONDENSE THE ENTIRE HARRY POTTER SERIES INTO ONE POST? Then rational thoughts started making themselves known in my brain and I figured that probably wasn't a feasible idea.

So, okay, my number one quote because I'm being forced to pick! I don't know, this one below has always really stood out to me and (of course) it's from the genius Albus Dumbledore.

"Of house-elves and children's tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped."


You said it, Queen Rowling.

Some other quotes that I love with ALL MY HEART are:

"Whatever you are physically, male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
- Jem, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
Jem darling, I knew there was a reason you were at the very top of my list :)

*
“Happiness. It was the place where passion, with all its dazzle and drumbeat, met something softer: homecoming and safety and pure sunbeam comfort. It was all those things, intertwined with the heat and the thrill, and it was as bright within her as a swallowed star.”
- Karou, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
There were sosososo many quotes I could have taken from this book but I always seem to like the ones about happiness.

*
And finally... because I must end off with HP...
"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- Dumbledore (AGAIN!), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
 Are there any bookish quotes that inspire you? DAZZLE ME.

11 comments:

  1. HAYMITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA. Great post! I especially love you for featuring a Jem quote. He's so . . . dreamy. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT HAYMITCH PICTURE!!!! Awesome blogspiration, Sonia! ♥

    GAH, why is there a Jem quote there? Hahaha, you are making me doubt myself. I am Team Will but Jem is...Jem. Haha, I don't know what to say!

    *gulps* I haven't read Harry Potter series.

    *runs away before Sonia kills me*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe Haymitch!

    I am Team Will, but man does Jem have a way with words.

    Also, Harry Potter! *sobs* I can't believe it's really over. The quotes you selected (especially the second one) are ones that really get to the heart of the series!

    This would be SO hard. I wouldn't be able to selected just one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haymitch!! Gosh love the gif picture! <3

    “You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him.” Hihi! I love that Haymitch quote! :D

    Sonia, your AMAZING quote list reminds me of my never-dying Harry Potter love! This is my favorite quote from Harry Potter series:

    “Dumbledore's man through and through, aren't you Potter?"
    "Yeah I am," said Harry. "Glad we straightened that out.”

    Oh my, I can go on with my favorite quotes forever. It's a never-ending list! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soniaa. I LOVED that you started and ended the post with Harry Potter quotes! THAT IS SO COOL! And should be mandatory (:P) cuz it's Harry Potter :D I LOVED the first quote, especially since I had forgotten about it till I read it again here. Dumbledore says the best things :D And hahaha the Haymitch GIF xD

    I haven't read any of Cassandra Clare's books OR The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I know, WHY NOT, right? I've heard AMAZING things about both! The quotes make me want to get hold of those books and read them this summer xD

    And OMG I love the Choices quote! It runs in my head all the time. Dumbledoree :,)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha okay, mine are:
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres" which translated means "Hell is other people" but it's a lot less antisocial in meaning than it sounds ;) it's from No Exit by Sartre.

    I also recently read Mara Dyer, which I'm now in love with....but this one quote in particular was too cute:

    “In my rush, I hadn't tied my shoelaces. Noah was now tying them for me.
    He looked up at me through his dark fringe of lashes and smiled. The expression on his face melted me completely. I knew I had the goofiest grin plastered on my lips, and didn't care.
    "There," he said as he finished tying the laces on my left shoe. "Now you won't fall."
    Too late.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh FABULOUS quotes bb! I love them all. but DAMN I need to hurry up and read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. <3 And yes, JK Rowling is the QUEEN of inspirational quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness. That HP/Voldie quote. CHILLS. CHILLS I TELLS YOU. Is it not... like, profound? I LOVE it. I LOVE how it highlights the difference between the poor, fundamentally broken Tom Riddle, and Harry, the boy who loved. Amen.

    OMG OMG OMG. That quote from Jem :O
    Must. read. TID. NOW.

    AAAAAAAAH! And that quote from DoSaB. YES. I ADORE that. Seriously. I could quote the whole book, too. But... you know... copyright and what not.

    And oh goodness, that last Dumbledore quote is one of my favorites. Dumbledore is a modern-day Confuscious. I swear he'll be quoted for hundreds of years. SO. WISE.

    ^^^ Also, Cait's Mara Dyer quote? *melts* love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not I had an college professor quote that last Harry Potter quote on the last day of classes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, I have so many quotes I love! Most HP, like you :P. You picked some truly awesome ones! I also really liked "it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!" I also like Cait's hell quote :P. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um...Haymitch? I DIE. Seriously PERFECT!

    And those quotes? Rowling? CLARE?? TAYLOR?? They're genius! Genius, I say!!

    ReplyDelete