Wednesday 25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (42)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine so that (this is me paraphrasing) we can all FREAK OUT TOGETHER about some rocking upcoming books. Warning: extreme fangirling may occur.

Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Add it: Goodreads
Publisher: Egmont
Format: Hardcover, 336 pages
Release Date: June 12, 2012

A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...
Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?
Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.
Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...
The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a non-stop thrill ride where every second counts.

Let us ignore the gorgeousness of the cover. (I thought it was worth a shot... *eyes jump back to it*) Seriously, how AWESOME is that??

Okay, so I loved Hourglass. Time travel is waaay up there on my list of things I adore reading and that aspect of it was really well done. Kaleb was such a fascinating character... I liked him even more than Michael despite thinking he's a better match for Emerson and so I am THRILLED that he'll have centre stage in the sequel.

Kaleb's POV! EEEEE! <3

What are you waiting on this wonderful Wednesday? :)

22 comments:

  1. I have still not read Hourglass! I need to get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm..... I still haven't read Hourglass. And I even own a copy. And I.... crapdamnit WHY HAVEN'T I READ IT YET?!?! I love the covers though, SO TRIPPY AWESOME. And I love me some time travel... so... yeah, me needs to get on that ASAP :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU OWN A COPY?!? And still haven't read it?! It's honestly amazeballs so you better GET ON THAT. Asap!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I haven't read Hourglass, either (but unlike SOME people, I don't own a copy). LOVE the covers. THey look SO cool, and TIME TRAVEL? ALDKHAJHFSJKAF!

    Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT the WHAT are you waiting for? Read the dang book!

      Delete
    2. EEP! I'M SORRY ASHER! *HIDES*

      Delete
  4. I have yet to read the first book Hourglass even though I do own a copy of it. I was so excited for this series and I have put off reading if for some unknown reason. Since you and so many other people rave about book one I'm going to have to try to read it before Timepiece comes out.

    Hope you love this one just as much as Hourglass!

    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. NONE of you have read Hourglass... *shakes head* Weeeeell, I hope you love it if/when you do get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes head along with Sonia* LOL. Brodie and Sarah should totally read Hourglass soon! HOURGLASS is SO AWESOME! ♥ I am SO TEAM MICHAEL! (Although deep down, I might be Team Kaleb too :P) And OMG, the cover is so gorgeous!

      Awesome pick, Sonia! ♥ Super duper can't wait for Timepiece!

      Delete
  6. I can't WAIT for this BOOK! Eeeeeeeeeeeee . . . !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! This was my pick a few weeks ago!!! I'm pretty excited for Timepiece as well!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must start this series. Although the UK don't seem to have bought the rights to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to check out HOURGLASS. I'm so outdated, I know. -__-

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    P.S. Lovin' your blog! Especially the header. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read Hourglass! Absolutely loved it. I'm sure Timepiece is going to be just as amazing. :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another person who hasn't read Hourglass...what can I say? So many books, so little time! :P. Really do love the sound of this series though, I want to start it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. KALEBKALEBKALEB. I wish the UK would buy the rights to this. Btw...Sonia....Timepiece is now on Netgalley as a 'read now' book :P

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAIT I LOVE YOU FOREVER <333 Thank you SO MUUUUCH for letting me know :) I'll go download it now!

      Delete
    2. haha you're welcome angel :P x

      Delete
  13. DUDE, I LOVED Kaleb in Hourglass. I'm gonna need to read the last couple chapters of Hourglass to prepare for Timepiece which OMG I have on my Nook! Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cover is SO TRIPPY

    I have Hourglass on my kobo, it's just a matter of getting to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've Hourglass, but I've yet to read it. I've heard great things about it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds great and I love the cover, I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR list. Check out my WOW @ http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html. And I'm also a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete