Wednesday 4 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (40)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.

This week, I've chosen:
 
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Add it:
Goodreads
Publisher:
Random House BFYR
Format: Hardcover, 370 pages
Release Date: September 11, 2012
Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?

Let's pretend I'm not a huge Sarah Rees Brennan fan.

I AM STILL DYING TO READ THIS BOOK. DYING, I TELL YOU!

The fact is that I am actually a lover of SRB's work and I know this will be fabulous as well. Seriously though, forgetting all of that... look at the summary! IMAGINARY FRIENDS AND MYSTERY AND A TOWN NAMED SORRY-IN-THE-VALE. It sounds magical and I can't wait to read it.

What are you impatiently waiting for? 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I've not heard about Sarah Rees Brennan, but from your comment, I can see I've to check her books out. The synopsis sounds amazing. Unspoken is on Netgalley, I think. You should go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to read this too! I love the sound of it and enjoy the authors writing style. I need that Netgalley copy! :D Awesome choice, Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so ashamed that I have yet to read any of Sarah's novels. I mean, I SEE how much people love the Demon Lexicon series. I SEE how much YOU are a crazy fangirl. You'd think that would be reason enough to go damn read? Sigh. I WILL eventually, I PROMISE!

    And I am SUPER excited to read Unspoken! For one, uh, it sounds AMAZING and why do I love the idea of a imaginary friends? Heee. And two: I trust that you say Sarah is an amazing writer. SO IT'S ALL ON YOUR HEAD IF I LIKE THIS OR NOT.

    Aweosome choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This sounds really good, and honestly;

    IMAGINARY FRIENDS FTW.

    (The fact that Kami runs the school newspaper doesn't hurt either.)

    Also, the Lynburns sound really cool, and I've yet to hear of a novel where a mystery hurts its plotline. Plus, I think the cover's pretty. I guess we'll both be looking forward to the release date, then.

    - May :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got this one on Netgalley and I cannot wait to read it. I've heard so many fantastic things about Sara Rees Brennan and this looks like it's going to be amazing. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Follow & Feature Friday!
    Desperately Wanting Wednesday!
    The Immortal Rules Giveaway!
    The JLA Covenant Series Swag Giveaway!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G ! ! !
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to read this book! I love Sarah's books (and characters - Nick Ryves <3) so can't wait to see what her new series turns out like. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, why do you always say these things when you KNOW Alan is the best? ;)

      (Just kidding... You keep your Nick and I'll keep Alan and then we'll be SISTERS, HOW ABOUT THAT? *ignores 'fictional' part of boy's description*)

      Delete
  7. Read it on Netgalley, then read it again and again. It was fantastic. She does not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I am NOT a huge fan... I've never heard of her... but... uh... I IS DYING TO READ! SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!! I have a million questions just from the blurb! *SHAKES YOU* SONIA! ME WANTS ANSWERS!

    ReplyDelete