Sunday 18 September 2011

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to share the books, swag, etc. that they've received each week.

***

It's been a few weeks since my last IMM so this one is a little bigger than usual. Here we go:

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Purchased) - I FINALLY GOT IT! :) Haven't started yet (I'm trying to hold off until I can get through some more library books) but at least now it is in my possession for when I'm ready to read it!

Falling For Hamlet by Michelle Ray (Library) - I'm reading this right now and it is so good! I actually really like Hamlet (the character) and although certain things about Ophelia bug me, she's pretty cool too.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (Library) - After being ordered by Victoria Schwab (and many other people) to read something by Neil Gaiman, I finally caved and checked out this one. I'm excited, but a little daunted by the Neil Gaiman fanbase.

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout + swag (Publisher) - This one is kind of a huge deal to me because it's the first book I've ever requested for review (not counting NetGalley). Thanks so much to Spencer Hill Press and to Hayley from The Fable Faerie who was really helpful throughout the entire process :)

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen (RAK from Nicole at Nicole's YA Book Haven) - I've read this before (as well as all of Sarah's works) but it's nice to have my own copy. Thanks, Nicole!

Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg (Library) - I really liked The Lonely Hearts Club which is a book by the same author and immediately went in search of this after finishing it. It's quite short, so hopefully I'll be able to just pick it up and quickly read it soon.

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (Library) - I finished this earlier today actually. It was good but I had a few problems with it... a fun read overall.

Vanish by Sophie Jordan ARC (Won from Arena at The Nerd's Wife) - I read this as soon as I got it and loved it. I don't want to say I told you so about the whole Cassian thing but.... I told you so.

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer (Library) - I am nervous as hell to read this book. I really enjoyed Nightshade but this one will have more Shay and less Ren (plus pack!), which is a little scary since Shay annoys me for no particular reason, at least as a love interest. Also, I've heard the history chunk at the beginning can go either way and I'm not sure where I'll fall. Still, I've read some good reviews to balance out the negative!

9 comments:

  1. I grabbed The Graveyard book this week too! Looking forward to seeing what you think :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna read Half-Blood so bad! I may have to steal it from you...:P. Falling for Hamlet looks awesome too - and I still haven't got Bloodlines! (Don't tell Brodie...) Happy reading, Sonia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you finally got Half-Blood!!! Hope you enjoy it :) I won an ARC of Vanish last week I cannot wait to get it so I can read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half-Blood is really really good. Glad you finally got Bloodlines too =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great books! I loved Bloodlines ... Richelle Mead is amazing!

    My IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, new follower here!

    You got some GREAT books this week! I'm jealous. I got Vanish this week also, I'm glad to hear that you liked it, I'm a bit scared to read it.

    Bloodlines and Half Blood are amazing! hope that you enjoy them as much as I did. Half Blood was the first book I ever requested from a publisher that wasn't through Net Galley also so I understand :D Although since I'm in Australia, I got an eARC - just as exciting for me though.

    Happy Reading
    -Kate
    my IMM can be found: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooved HALF-BLOOD! Can't wait to read VANISH! I received RIPPLE for my bday and have yet to read it. I want to read some of your others, too, but they're further down on my IMM. Good haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BLOODLINES. FINALLY!! (I heard that, Liz... *punches palm*). Library books? What are they? Adrian is caaaaalllliiiiiiinnnnggggg. Ooh, may I please have Half Blood? Dying to read that! And Vanish! Wait, what? Cassian? But... but.. Will :/

    Yeah, the first half of Wolfsbane is a ton of history, but it sill intrigued me and I loved meeting all the new characters. It'll either be a hit or miss - hope it's a hit for you! Enjoy your books :D

    ReplyDelete