Thursday 8 September 2011

The Verdict


Doesn't that title sound dramatic? I thought so. Maybe it's just because I'm in the process of doing my law homework...

Anyways, before I say anything else, I just want to apologize for being so absent lately! With school starting and just my crazy schedule in general, I haven't had a chance to update or really comment on many other blogs either. Sorry! Hopefully things will be back to normal now.

The point of this post is basically just to go over the results from the poll (regarding whether or not I should create a rating system) and to announce my decision. I'd like to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone that commented and voted - you were so helpful! There were definitely a lot of different opinions and I tried to take all of it into account.

As for the actual results... it was so close! The YES voters won in the end but they only made up 51% of the total. That being said, 27% said no and 21% said they didn't care (appreciate the honesty, folks!). Even without the poll though, I think I would have come to the same decision.

I WILL be trying out a rating system. I don't know if it will become a permanent addition to my blog, but I want to test it out to see if it works for me. The stars (I'm thinking maybe crowns) will go up to 5, but if it's a book I love to pieces, I may reserve a special 6th star ;)

Thanks again!

6 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot of blogs about how people are getting behind on blogging, and I'm in the same boat.
    I blame school starting again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. School is definitely interfering with my leisure reading time, that's for sure. I was actually doing international law readings before and I think even Dumbledore would have had a headache at the amount of Latin present.

    I hear you and it's quite okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about school...it definitely sucks. And glad you're trying a rating system! :D I love the idea of crowns :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea _ crowns! perfect for the queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss you, Sonia! But understand that you're busy building up those brain cells. We like Smart Sonia.

    Good luck with trying out your rating system - hope it works for you! And if not, well your reviews are downright awesome anyway, so it's all good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome about the ratings -- and I love the idea of crowns instead of stars.

    I understand about the school stuff; I thought teachers were supposed to ease into the homework loads? I've totally been slacking in the blog department myself. Best of luck with the rating system and school!

    ReplyDelete