Thursday 15 September 2011

Insta Love with GIFs!

Let's talk insta-love.

To get the obvious out of the way, insta love is the classic love at first sight. Here's how it goes*:

The shy and quiet (but totally gorgeous and genius) girl is minding her own business, probably surrounded by a crowd of people dying to be her BFF 'cause she is like WOAH. Then, the dark and brooding guy that never talks to anyone but instead spends his days exuding bad boy hotness will glance up and they'll lock eyes.

CUE THE VIOLINS.
WHERE'S THAT REPORTER?
LOVE OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE IS IN THE MAKING.




Then suddenly, the bay boy's icy exterior starts to melt away. Underneath, he is sensitive, protective and warm like a marshmallow. (Only to said girl though. Never try to cross this moody teenager - he will hack you into tiny pieces if you go near his girl.)

Now, sometimes (probably the first few times) you were like this:




And if you're anything like me, now you're likely more like this:





But you know what? Sometimes, that connection a couple makes is real and honest. It's adorable when you read about it and everyone is rooting for them. Sometimes it starts off as insta love, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, at the end of the day, I'm more like this:



And it's worth it.

*That was, of course, as stereotypical as possible. Not all insta love happens like that (although a lot ACTUALLY DO)

How do you feel about insta love? I want to know!

11 comments:

  1. Haha I love your gifs. Especially Marshall. <3

    Hmmmm I know that insta-love can be well done, though I can't think of an example right now. Mostly I hate it. Because when I think of insta-love I think of the characters right away being like "omg I can't live without you, I love you, let's get married next week" ... where as an instant connection is more like "wow, this person is awesome" and then it grows into "wow, I want to spend more time with them" and then feelings grow from there, etc etc.

    An instant connection example might be like "Anna and the French Kiss" where right away Anna's like "PHWOAR this Etienne guy is smokin'" but then their relationship grows slowly even as their feelings change. And there's no instant declarations of love or "I'm going to die without you!!!!" moments. Those are the moments I despise in books.

    Mmkay, long enough comment now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We totally had like a telepathic 'gif posts' day. XD

    Honestly, I'm not a fan of insta-love. at first, I could ignore it, but as it started getting more popular, I was like AARGH STOP THE INSTA-LOVE! But like you said, there are times when it does work because the people are just meant to be. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, this is cute. Usually I am not a fan of insta-love either. It depends on the couple, but it's normally a turn off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I love this! All the gifs are awesome (The Lion King! <3). For me personally, I really don't like insta-love. Even when it's written well (which I find most of the time, it isn't) it just doesn't sit well with me. I really don't like the idea of falling in love instantly - it's like it's based purely on attraction and nothing else. I'm a firm believer of getting to know the person first before declaring your love for them. It really gets to me that someone would be willing to die for their partner, yet they don't even know their favourite colour 'cos they've never actually had a conversation :P. That being said, I must admit I do like the odd insta-love story. But they're mainly ones where the characters knew each other in a previous life, or if they have some deep connection/bond that makes them feel like they've been together for years. None of that Romeo & Juliet stuff though ;).

    That was longer than I thought it'd be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of gifs and yours are just awesome. :) hehe

    I'm not a fan of insta-love unless there's good reason for it. But otherwise it's not real because I believe to fall for someone . . . it takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha awesome post, Sonia :D Sometimes you just outdo yourself in awesomeness. Sigh.

    I'm nodding my head along with everything Liz wrote. That's exactly how I feel. I can't help but roll my eyes whhen two characters declare their life has no meaning without the other, they're everything, etc. When they've known each other.... what? A week? A month? Love takes longer than that! But there are books that manage to pull it off. Like Fateful - I'm halfway through reading that and loving the relationship developing between Alec and Tess. It doesn't even feel rushed, yet they've only known one another a couple of days. Times like that, I'm totally on board with it.

    Really curious to see how The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight will pull it off - being set a 24 hour period!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. buy instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Køb followers på instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very helpful! The concept of creating sticky brand names was thoroughly explained and indeed a course to take! learn more here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Buy Instagram Followers

    ReplyDelete