Wednesday 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (22)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.

This week, I've chosen...

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Add it: Goodreads
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release Date: October 4, 2011
 
In The Lost Hero, three demigods named Jason, Piper, and Leo made their first visit to Camp Half-Blood, where they inherited a quest:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.


Who are the other four mentioned in the prophecy? The answer may lie in another camp miles away, where a new camper has shown up and appears to be the son of Neptune, god of the sea...

You guys, I am SO excited for this one. I love Rick Riordan and his fun, crafty novels. The Lost Hero was awesome and I'm sure this one can only be more awesome because HELLO, Percy is back.

Which book(s) are you desperate to get your hands on today?

11 comments:

  1. I am SO desperate for this. Mostly because I can't read TLH until TSoN comes out. A certain friend told me something that happens in TLH and I now refuse to read it until I have TSoN in my hands :P. I love Percy! I miss him :). Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start reading Riordan. But I know I'll love the books and then my TBR pile will become even more unmanageable! Enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I have not read any of these books yet. I have heard amazing things about them though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for this too. Rick Riordan is a fun writer and I liked the first one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally haven't read any Rick Riordan book, I wish to start them tho.

    Awesome pick!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't read any of these, but i need to!!

    here's my post! i'd love it if you'd stop by and let me know what you think, or what you are reading right now! :)
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percy is going to back in this one? How many books are supposed to be in this series? I'm looking forward to this one, too, but I'm listening to the series rather than reading it, so I'm going to have to wait for it to come to my library.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ashamed to admit I've only ever read the first Percy Jackson book *hangs head* BUT I did enjoy it! It was fun and I love anything with greek mythology, so I definitely need to continue on. Especially since you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does look like fun! And that cover is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crazy people! I am SHOCKED by how many of you haven't read anything by Rick Riordan yet! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIVES?

    Ruby: Well, it's implied from the summary. Could be another son of Neptune, I guess :) I believe there will be 5 books in total.

    ReplyDelete
  11. agreeeeeed!!! i <3 rickriordan and percy!!! the first chapter is already published, u know... its from percy's POV!! EEEEEEP!!! except, its in third person.... i cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete