Sunday 24 July 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to share the books, swag, etc. that they've received each week.

-
And once again, my IMM is covering a few weeks' worth of books. It is LONG so I'll completely understand if you just look at the pretty pictures.

First up we have the library books:


Not pictured: What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (read it, loved it)
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney (excited to start!)
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder (recommended by Brodie so I'm hopeful that it will be good!)

I've already read The Demon's Surrender and The Lonely Hearts Club from this bunch and I really liked both. My reviews should be up... soon? Maybe.

-

Next up are the newest additions to my library (and one to my closet):

Wow, that is a bad quality picture. Sorry for all the cut-off books.

The only one from this bunch that I have not yet read is Everlasting. I have definitely started this series and I'm pretty sure I read the third (Shadowland) and the books that come before it. I might just start the series over again since it has been a while.. I don't know. Undecided right now. Thanks so much to Tristan from Reads With Wreckless Abandon for this!

Of course, I've already read Anna but Ashley from Book Labyrinth was kind enough to send it to me as a RAK. Thank you, Ashley!!

I bought Red Glove (which I've already read) from Costco yesterday for just over $10. I was going to wait for the paperback so that it would match my copy of White Cat but I only prefer that one because you can see Cassel's face LOL.

Spirit Bound is actually the only book I didn't own from the Vampire Academy series (don't ask - longlonglong story) but amazingly, I won it from Erika at Moonlight Book Reviews so now I have the complete collection!

Do you see Supernaturally there? YES. YOU DO. I won it a fairly long time ago from Kiersten White's blog (which is amazing and brings up my happiness levels frequently) and it finally got to me! I read it as soon as I opened the package, of course, and I loved it. It's different from Paranormalcy but I don't like it any less. Kiersten also signed and personalized the book... which kind of made my week.

FINALLY WE HAVE COME TO THE MOST IMPORANT THING: my t-shirt. Haha, I thought it was cool. I am totally going to wear that when I see Breaking Dawn (if I see BD) (I probably will).

-

There's no picture for this section (OH NO) but it's for the eBooks I've received.

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies - Thank you, Harper and Net Galley! I can't wait to dive into this book. The cover is gorgeous and this review from Starry Sky Books is kind of awesome.

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa - HARLEQUIN TEEN/NET GALLEY, I LOVE YOU. MARRY ME? My poor sister's ears may never recover from the squealing I did when I was accepted for this galley. I read it and I loved it - my review will be up closer to the release date :)

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - Thanks again to Harper and Net Galley! This book looks fantastic. I tend to really like fantasty and this one is blurbed by Tamora Pierce - WIN.

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst - This one is courtesy of S&S Galley Grab. Hahahaha. Just reading the summary makes me laugh. Ha. Hahaha. (It's um, early morning? Closer to noon, actually but... whatever).

-

FINALLY. FINALLY we have the biggest amount of swag in the universe (okay, slight exaggeration).

Why yes, I did spend ten minutes arranging bookmarks and the like for this picture. Thank you for noticing!

Confession: I LOVE SWAG. I'm a greedy swag monster. Hide your bookmarks (and your buttons ohmygosh I love buttons).

Most of this lovely swag is from a giveaway I won over at the blog of Emily who runs Red House Books. THANK YOU!

Also, big thanks go to Victoria Schwab, Daisy Whitney, Imaginary Reads and Beth Revis.

-

That's it. I'm done. Leave a comment if you want me to see your IMM or just stop by your blog at all :)

16 comments:

  1. -Wow wow wow! You got a load of things this week! :) And may I just warn you, I may come to your house in the middle of the night and snatch your shirt! I am in love. :D Where did you get it?? I might have to go get myself one too! Also, great haul of books this week. Beautiful Creatures is one of my favorite books. :)

    Here's my mailbox this week: http://happilyneverending.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-4rd.html

    Happy Reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The t-shirt is epic. Love it. I had to chuckle. You have some amazing books. I am excited to read The Iron Knight, now if only I could make my TBR pile smaller so I could actually do that. I may have broken my neighbours ear drums when I got it too! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh awesome books Sonia! I've been dying to read Red Glove, I loved White Cat so much, and I absolutely loved Anna and the French Kiss :). The Lonely Hearts Club sounds like such a cute read, and I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures, so hope you like it! Happy reading, and LOL at the tshirt :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books and swag!! Awesome IMM this week! Happy Reading :)

    New To My Stash

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shirt! I would definitely wear it to see Breaking Dawn!

    And can you believe I still haven't read Anna. I sounds like an amazing book, and I'm sure I'll love it... I just haven' been able to pick it up yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome IMM week! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Supernaturally, definitely looking forward to that one. Ruby Red is a really enjoyable read, very entertaining. And I need to get my own copy of ANNA at some point! Also, love all the swag :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I loved 'Ruby Red' and 'The Mockingbirds'!

    You're so welcome for 'Anna'! -- it's such a great book, everyone should have a copy for re-reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, I love that tshirt!!! And I'm super jealous of all your swag :) It's amazing! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many books here that I haven't read yet! (Including Anna and the French Kiss!) I have Red Glove on my IMM today too, and that's a series I can't wait to start.

    Where is that little bird sticker from? They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome awesome haul! so many good books, swoon! I love the shirt, and the swags! i love them!

    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM if you want to check it out: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-is-meme-hosted-by-kristi.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, now I'm nervous. Someone took up a book recommendation of mine. And they may not like it. EEP! Oh well, at least it's a library book so if you don't like it, you can't sue me :P

    Excited to see what you think of A Beautiful Dark and Girl of Fire and Thorns. I sooo want to read those! You got so many awesome books this week! SO happy to hear Supernaturally is good, I'm getting a copy this week!

    Wow @ the swag. I confess I'm not much a swag lover. I barely ever use bookmarks either, I put random objects between pages :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sierra: LOL thanks! :) It's from Bluenotes. Glad you liked Beautiful Creatures! I'm really excited for that one.

    Kathy: Poor innocent, unsuspecting Canadians that have been affected by our screaming...

    Carrie: Thanks!

    Liz: Red Glove is an awesome sequel :) Can't wait for Black Heart! The Lonely Hearts Club = Fabulous.

    Stephanie: Thanks! :)

    Shoshanah: Then I definitely will ;) AAAHH! You'll love it, I swear!

    Danya: Thank you! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Supernaturally :) I'll have to start Ruby Red soon - I've heard great things.

    Ashley: I'm really interested in The Mockingbirds. The summary sounds interesting but doesn't reveal too much (which I'm grateful for). Thanks again for ANNA!

    Jessica: Haha, thanks :)

    Kaye: It's actually a bookmark, not a sticker - isn't it cool? Daisy Whitney was giving them away to anyone who wanted them a couple of weeks ago. Thanks! Your IMM was amazing O_O

    Chelle: I know. SWOON. Thank you :)

    Brodie: Well at least you know I liked her other book ;) Hope you like Supernaturally!

    That is HORRENDOUS. Swag hater.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Follower :) check out my blog, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/.

    Man I'm so jealous of your swag I am also a swag addict :P do you just ask the authors for swag?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear that Anna and The French Kiss is delicious. Think I might have to take a trip to the library!
    Here is my IMM:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-11.html
    Happy Reading :}

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL I love the shirt! Glad you finally got Demon's Surrender, can't wait to hear what you thought about it :) And Harlequin accepted my Iron Knight request, which kinda made my week lol. Hope you enjoy all of these, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete