Wednesday 27 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.
This week, I've chosen...

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 2nd, 2011 (Paperback)
 
Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:


As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.


As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.


When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.
This sounds awesome! I could definitely use a good summer romance right now (or you know, anytime of the year). The early reviews I'm looking at on Goodreads right now are incredibly positive as a whole (except for this one person who gave it 1 star because it "sounds bad." Why do people do that?). Um, anyways. Sounds good!


The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release Date: August 2nd, 2011 (Hardcover)

The Near Witch is only an old story told to frighten children.
If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company.
And there are no strangers in the town of Near.


These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life.


But when an actual stranger—a boy who seems to fade like smoke—appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true.
The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him.
As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi’s need to know—about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.
Part fairy tale, part love story, Victoria Schwab’s debut novel is entirely original yet achingly familiar: a song you heard long ago, a whisper carried by the wind, and a dream you won’t soon forget. 
This one sounds freaking fantastic. All the reviewers (that I follow, anyways) are basically saying the same thing: haunting, lyrical, unforgettable and just plain amazing. Plus, Victoria is the sweetest person ever. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. Like, bouncing-up-and-down in my seat excited.

What are you waiting for this sunny Wednesday?

23 comments:

  1. EPIC FAIL, BRODIE. This is my first time reading the synopsis for Epic Fail. I've always just acknowledged the book and passed over it without second though. WHY?! It sounds so good!! Totally adding this to my wishlist now! (And you really need links to the goodreads listing on your posts :P).

    I'm sooo eager for The Near Witch too! Nearly everyone and their mum have been saying great things about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Epic Fail.!!! It was so cute :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic Fail sounds really cute. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these books sounds really good! Epic Fail sounds especially cute! Nice WOW picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, new follower here! Oddly enough, I found your blog by doing a Google image search for The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting... isn't it interesting what will make your blog pop up first on Google?? Hehe, anyways...

    Yes! These BOTH sound like such amazing books, and I do the exact same thing as you, checking the rating (especially on Goodreads, I think Amazon is biased since it's trying to sell books after all) to see what other people have said about them already... and yeah, it's annoying when people rate books negatively because they "sound bad" or some other stupid, nonsense reason :/

    Anyways, have a GREAT Wednesday and Happy Reading!!

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to the release of Near Witch as well!

    I haven't come across Epic fail before, but it does sound awesome! -adds to GoodReads tr list- :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay I want both of these esp The Near Witch. Can't wait to read. Great pick !!!

    My Wow this week http://booksarepreciousgems.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Epic Fail sounds awesome! It's on my wishlist too, I can't wait to read it! The Near Witch is supposed to be great too - great picks, Sonia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Epic Fail cover is adorable! I've heard some good hype so far so I'll probably check it out once it's released.

    I love following Victoria Schwab on the YA Rebels Youtube Channel and have been eagerly anticipating the release of Near Witch. It sounds awesome! Can't wait.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/nJxD5B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read and reviewed The Near Witch and it. was. AWESOME! So glad to have the chance to meet her in August.

    New Follower!

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whose are great choices! I love the title 'Epic Fail', it's so awesome! Here's my WoW:

    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these seem pretty good! Epic Fail sounds fun and the cover of The Near Witch looks creepy! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  13. I first heard about Epic Fail last week and now I can't wait to get it! I'm a huge Pride and Prejudice fan. Great picks!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. *The Near Witch* sounds amazing -- I've got to read this now! I love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the title of Epic Fail--it sounds like a great book at well. I'm def adding it to my TBR. And I'm so excited for Near Witch! New follower :) Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out: http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-statistical_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! :)
    You just won yourself 6 awards. :)
    You can claim them here:
    http://angelsalvogomez.blogspot.com/2011/07/you-deserve-these.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I should be getting this book soon! The plot had me from the start! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover reminds me of a Sarah Dessen book. So I was hesitant about it but after hearing the synopsis I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to let you know I've passed the Leibster blog award on to you. There's more about it here: http://literally-ya.blogspot.com/2011/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Epic Fail looks like such a great book - I've been needing a new YA to read. :) And Near Witch also looks great and haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhhhh! Me likey. Will be putting it on the goodread-ey (wow. That was lame. I was trying to make you smile. Did it work?)

    ♥ Trish

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know what an EPIC FAIL is, guys? ME. I am an epic fail.

    Sorry for being so absent these past few days! I will slowly but surely be working through the comments to return the favour :) Thanks so much - you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw I <3 the look of your blog!

    And Epic Fail looks way cute.

    From your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete