Wednesday 20 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.

This week, I've chosen...
Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

Publisher: Razorbill (Penguin)
Release Date: July 21, 2011

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she's ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?
This sounds so amazing. I love water creatures and as much as some annoy me, I always enjoy a good love triangle too. Lexi will probably go either way for me - I'll see some strength and resilience I like or she'll be more on the whiny, indecisive side. She seems like she's had a tough time though, so I'll probably be more sympathetic. ANYWAYS. Yes. Sounds good. Excited to read.

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, so many WoW's on this book! It really does sound good, and the cover is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you won't have to wait long! Great pick this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, sounds awesome! I love a good mermaid story and a good romance. I'm adding it to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! The cover is awesome and it sounds realy good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO dying to read Ripple! I can't wait!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one! I loved You Wish by Mandy Hubbard, so I'm really looking forward to this one - it sounds darker, but also awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and no long wait - Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love mermaid stories and i've been coveting this book for a long time. so happy it's coming out tomorrow.

    Stop by my WoW this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Great pick! It sounds really interesting! I'm always looking for new YA lit to check out, so I'll have to put this one on my list to check out. I thought you might like my WoW, which is a book by a new author that I'm working with: (S)Mythology by Jeremy Tarr. It's a modern day fairy tale that is wry and whimsical, and tackles life...death...and the Underworld. The book is super cute and has sixty-four illustrations by artist Katy Small, which really bring the main character Sophie to life. You can read the first three chapters and check out the illustrations at www.smythology.co.uk or check out the book on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/Shardcover. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want to read this! But I haven't found any news on it being released in Australia yet :( So I may have to order online. To be honest, I haven't read a LOT of water creature type books, but Ripple really has me intrigued and what can I say? Complain as I may, I'm still a sucker for a hot love triangle :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realise the release date for this was so soon. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I always pick books that are releasing soon... it makes the wait seem shorter.

    Brodie: Yeah, I don't really read many either (but I should!). I just like the old mythology and stories surrounding them in general. Hope you can find it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love that so many people are using this as their WoW of the week, because it's getting quite the buzz. I've even seen a couple of reviews for it that looked really good. I cannot wait for this book! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoy this when it comes out and that you are not disappointed in the way Lexi shapes up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Great pick! It sounds really interesting! I'm always looking for new YA lit to check out, so I'll have to put this one on my list to check out. I thought you might like my WoW, which is a book by a new author that I'm working with: (S)Mythology by Jeremy Tarr. It's a modern day fairy tale that is wry and whimsical, and tackles life...death...and the Underworld. The book is super cute and has sixty-four illustrations by artist Katy Smail, which really bring the main character Sophie to life. You can read the first three chapters and check out the illustrations at www.smythology.co.uk or check out the book on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/Shardcover. Enjoy!


    (sorry, auto-correct fail on my first post for the artist's name) ;)

    ReplyDelete