Thursday 5 May 2011

Booking Through Thursday (7)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...
And–the reverse of last week’s question. Name one book that you hope never, ever, ever gets made into a movie (no matter how good that movie might be).
Oh. This is even harder than last week's question! I've honestly been racking my brain for an answer and I just can't think of a specific book that I don't want turned into a movie! If the movie didn't already exist (I hated the movie, by the way), I would have said The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold because I knew they would mess that up completely.

OH! I have one. I love the book A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. If you haven't read it, it's an emotionally exhausting book that is guaranteed to make you want to roll into a ball and cry your eyes out. It's wonderful though and a story well-told by Hosseini. I don't think I'd want to see this in a movie. I feel like it would just kind of ruin the book for me since I had such an intimate connection with it and I don't know how well the substance of that book could be portrayed - you know what I mean?

Other than that, there's nothing I'm really 'against' seeing as a movie. You should have asked me which existing adaptations I hate ;) I could have given you a decent list.

Final Verdict: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and possibly others that I can't think of right now.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. :]

    I couldn't help but notice your Hufflepuff icon - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! Thank you :) I like your icon as well - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete