Sunday 15 May 2011

Booking Through Thursday (8)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...

Do you read books “meant” for other age groups? Adult books when you were a child; Young-Adult books now that you’re grown; Picture books just for kicks … You know … books not “meant” for you. Or do you pretty much stick to what’s written for people your age?
For the most part, no. I read a very limited amount of adult books, such as novels by Jodi Picoult. I think her books have a lot of crossover potential though, and aren't really strictly adult anyway. I probably was reading YA before I was technically considered a young adult, but only by a few years so I don't know if that really counts at all!

What about you? Do you read books that aren't "meant" for your age group?

2 comments:

  1. I don't really read outside my age group either...one exception, last year I read a few middle grade offerings I received from publishers -- one that was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I sometimes read MG too. Which one was it that you ended up really liking?

    ReplyDelete