Thursday 26 May 2011

Booking Through Thursday (9)

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is...
Do you ever feel like you’re in a reading rut? That you don’t read enough variety? That you need to branch out, spread your literary wings and explore other genres, flavors, styles?
Sure! There are definitely times when I get tired of a certain genre and wish for something new. However, it doesn't really happen too often for me. Unlike some others that I've had the pleasure of meeting, I don't need to be in a certain mood to read a book - once I start, I'll adjust and settle into the world.

What about you? How often do you spread your literary wings? 

5 comments:

  1. I definitely get in reading ruts at times, but I've seem to have been reading a lot of good books lately. I don't know why, but most of the books I've read recently I have really enjoyed. Not that I'm complaining :) I love trying new genres too, because a lot of times I find I really like that particular genre. I'm always on the lookout for fresh novels or ones that really push the limit. Have any suggestions for books that aren't your typical YA read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ruts seem to be that I'll read 10 mediocre books in a row and be so frustrated, then read like 10 awesome ones and back and forth and back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are sooooo many books out there! How could anyone get into a rut?! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I made a conscious decision to read 12 books out of my comfort zone and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed almost every one. I do try to switch up genres as I read...after one or two of one kind, I deliberately pick up something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessa - Not your typical YA read.. Well, I'd recommend Divergent but I know you've already read that one. Have you read If I Stay? I can't recommend it enough - it's contemporary and SO GOOD.

    Ashley - That sucks. At least there are those amazing books mixed in there!

    Tracy - No idea ;) I personally don't think I'll ever be done with my ever-growing TBR pile.

    TheBookGirl - That sounds like such a wonderful thing to do! I should try that sometime to broaden my horizons :) Unfortunately, I usually just order my reads in terms of when they're due back to the library, how many other people have them on hold, etc. Your system sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete